Sergio has more than 16 years of business and reorganisation experience in Europe and Latin America.
He has consulted clients in several countries, including Spain, France, Italy, Germany and Argentina in their transactions and finances, business reorganisation, turnarounds, cash and banks, cost reduction, strategic plans and business consultancy.
His experience covers a great variety of sectors including manufacturing, steel, automotive, distribution, commercial, printing, renewable energies, pharmaceuticals, apparel and airlines.
Prior to joining FTI, Sergio was Director for 3 years in Alvarez & Marsal in Spain.
Prior to A&M, Sergio was the CFO of Valeo Service Italia. Previously, he was the Chief Financial Director of the JV of Valeo in Argentina and Controller in Spain.
Prior to Valeo, Sergio was the Chief Financial Director of an industrial plant in Smurfit Kappa, leader in paper manufacturing and packaging.
Sergio holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business Studies and an MBA by the Business School in Madrid (Instituto de Empresa).
Sergio is a member of the Board of Directors of a large property group in Spain and he is counsellor in Natra, a listed food group.
Sergio is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian, and has good knowledge of French.
- He led the Bankruptcy Administration of Sniace with special attention to the Viability Plan analysis of the company. Approved agreement of 90% of the unsecured creditors.
- He has appeared as an expert before the Court of Arbitration (Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court-CIMA)
- Sergio was recently acting CRO/CFO of a large group of sports media, which was under investigation by FIFA; he was CRO of a Mexican engineering Group where he consulted the CEO and the Administrative Council during the sales process. His main function was to provide support in the activities in progress during the transition, reorganisation of the structure, management of the liquidity and increment of the transparency for the regulator and the trade creditors.
- He was CFO of the largest Spanish touristic group with revenue superior to €2 billion, with activity in tour operation; off and on-line travel agency, airline, hotel chain and receptive tourism. Sergio focused on debt refinancing of the Group (€600 million), bank negotiations as well as the reorganisation of financial area, the improvement plan of working capital and cash management during the process of M&A. Sergio continued supporting the team in the transactions and organisation during the pre-bankruptcy period (5.bis) until the arrival of the Insolvency Practitioner.
- He counselled, as CRO, the largest specialised investment fund in the energy sector, in his investment in Spain/Italy in a group with sales of €200 million on renewable energies, where he led a team focused on working capital improvements, reporting standardisation, reengineering of the treasury and consultancy to the CFO and CEO.